Since it's the beginning of the colder months, we want to keep our skin since and supple, especially our lips. My lips used to be chapped all the time especially in the cold A/C of uni classrooms. Luckily after using this lip scrub and a my Maybelline Baby Lips, I've seen way less flaky lips. Thank God!
Of course you could change up this recipe to suit your tastes and budget, or what you have at home too.
What you will need:
2 parts Coconut oil or Olive oil
1/2 of lemon/lime
2 - 3 parts Brown sugar
1 - 2 parts Granulated sugar
1 part Golden syrup, or honey or any liquid sweetener
- Mix the brown and white sugar together in a bowl.
- In another bowl (or cup), combine the cocnut oil (I used 2 capfuls), half of a lemon, and a teaspoon of Lyons Golden syrup.
- Add your liquid mixture to your sugar and mix until well combined.
- If your product is too liquid, then add more brown sugar, if it is too stiff, add more liquid (either oil or juice).
- Store your scrub in an airtight container, or use right away to exfoliate dry lips.
Click here to view the original post.